Two housing developments in Brent win awards for their affordable homes
- Credit: Archant
Two housing developments in Brent have scooped a prestigious industry award each for their affordable homes.
Spring at Stonebridge Park by The Hyde Group scooped the ‘Best Large Development’ award while Electric House in Willesden Green won the ‘Best Small Development’ category at the National Housing Awards 2016.
Organised by the National Housing Federation, the awards, which has a total of 11 categories, celebrates excellence in affordable housing.
Spring is set at the heart of the £225 million regeneration project of the Stonebridge Estate.
The former run-down 1960’s estate has been demolished and replaced with new, traditional high quality homes, improved public open spaces and community facilities.
Spring also won a commendation for the ‘Best Regeneration Project’ award.
Electric House by Network Homes is a distinctive collection of 25 apartments within an Art Deco style building.
- 1 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 6 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
The scheme is five homes for affordable rent and 20 for shared ownership.
This locally listed 1930’s building has been redeveloped to provide high quality, spacious apartments with both communal and private outdoor space.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council said: “We’re very happy that projects in Brent won these prestigious awards for excellence in affordable housing. As a council, we strive to provide as many high quality, affordable homes as possible, by working closely with developers, and providing full planning support throughout the development process.
“We’re pleased that this work has played a part in helping these projects gain recognition for excellence.
“Congratulations to The Hyde Group and Network Homes on the distinctions they’ve achieved!”