Two events raise £25,000 for St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton
- Credit: Archant
Two community events have raised more than £25,000 for St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton.
The St Luke’s Summer Proms and a golf tournament were held in support of the charity based in Kenton Lane.
More than 220 spectators attended the annual proms event which included music ranging from jazz, opera and classical.
The music, which was provided by the BBC Lester Concert band and conducted by Andrew Morley, also included traditional and more modern pieces.
The event raised more than £13,000.
You may also want to watch:
A golf day involving more than 100 people split into 23 teams raised more than £12,000.
All the participants at Moor Park Golf Club enjoyed a celebratory dinner afterwards.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer