Twitter and Facebook for council
by Andy McCorkell firstname.lastname@example.org Social networking has opened up the town hall with two new channels of communication for residents with a Twitter account and a Facebook page. The council is now accessible through
by Andy McCorkell
Social networking has opened up the town hall with two new channels of communication for residents with a Twitter account and a Facebook page.
The council is now accessible through these fast-growing, social media sites in addition to its own website, recently confirmed as being in the top 20 sites in the UK for content by SOCITM (Society of Information Technology Management) .
You may also want to watch:
Brent will be providing regular updates on policy, achievements and events on its Facebook page as well as nuggets of information and snapshots of daily life on Twitter.
Cllr Paul Lorber, Brent Council leader, said: "We are still in the formative years of internet and digital communications, only just beginning to understand the impact that it will have on how we work, play and live.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 4 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 5 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 6 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 7 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 8 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 10 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
"I welcome the growth of social media as a way of making us more accessible to people who live or work here. It remains to be seen how popular this type of interaction with councils will be but we should make it available to our residents.
"We are always trying to improve our services and make them more efficient, using technology like this is just one of the many ways we're doing that."
Access Brent's Twitter account at twitter. com/brent_council and visit the the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/brentcouncil