Tulip Siddiq MP enjoys a hand henna at Kilburn’s OK Club
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Hampstead and Kilburn MP was given a surprise manicure as she attended an open house event in the south of the borough.
Tulip Siddiq MP and Kilburn councillor Barbara Pitruzella visited the OK Club in the Peel Precinct to see the work they do with young people.
The OK club has operated as a youth centre for almost 60 years working closely with children and their families.
The Open House event included a show around the building to see what activities take place and enjoy refreshments.
The club supports local entrepreneurs to run activities for the wider community including Capoiera and Jui-jitsu classes, There is Tango on a Saturday and Tae Kwondo three times a week and there is also African dance on a Friday run in partnership with the South Kilburn Trust.
Ms Siddiq, who had henna painted on to her hand by a volunteer, said: “This year’s Open House was a fantastic event and perfectly showcased the tireless work of the staff who make OK Club such a success.
“I would like to thank all those who made me feel so welcome, I took great inspiration from the day and hope to visit again in the near future.”
- 1 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 4 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 5 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 8 Harlesden TSB branch faces the axe
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
The building is available for space hire. For information email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to okclub.org.uk