Tube strike: Important info for fans heading to Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Fans heading to Wembley on Thursday after facing a chaotic journey if a planned tube strike goes ahead.
Supporters will have to find alternative routes with a number of stations in the Wembley area out of action during the evening.
Jubilee line trains will not serve Wembley Park, Kingsbury or Neasden underground stations between 5pm-11pm.
There are a number of mainline stations in Wembley, including Wembley Central and North Wembley.
London Overground services will run from London Euston to Wembley Central. It is then a 20 minute walk to the stadium.
You may also want to watch:
North Wembley is a stop further but will take just over 30 minutes to walk to the stadium.
However trains to overground stations North Wembley, Wembley Central, and Stonebridge Park will not stop between 5pm-11pm.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
If you are travelling south to Wembley, trains run from major hubs including Watford and Milton Keynes Central.
Chiltern railways have announced they will not stop at Wembley Stadium station after 4pm, because of safety reasons.
Extra buses will be put on.
There will also be more National Express coaches. A shuttle service for ticket holders from Waterloo and King’s Cross stations will be available. There is a £1 booking fee and bookings can be made from midday on Tuesday 3 October. Visit the National Express Wembley shuttle service website to secure your seat.
Additional car parking has also been secured in designated stadium car parks. Only permit holders can park on surrounding roads.
Leave plenty of time to complete your journey. It is advisable to try and get to Wembley during the afternoon to mimimise your chances of disruption.
The FA have said that a full refund will be provided within 28 days if you cannot attend the match because of the strike.