Trio thugs are sent to prison
THREE thugs who threatened to kill a woman as they pushed her to the ground before kicking and robbing her are facing jail. Ashley Hutchinson, 24, of Marian Way, Harlesden; Denzil Rochester, 22, of Chaplin Road, Wembley, and Duane Isaac, 25, of no fixed a
THREE thugs who threatened to kill a woman as they pushed her to the ground before kicking and robbing her are facing jail.
Ashley Hutchinson, 24, of Marian Way, Harlesden; Denzil Rochester, 22, of Chaplin Road, Wembley, and Duane Isaac, 25, of no fixed address, carried out their attack before crashing their car into a lamppost as they attempted to flee from chasing police.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard the trio attacked the terrified woman as she walked along a road in Gospel Oak, at 5pm in July last year.
One of the men came up to the 41-year-old and said: 'Shush, shush, give us your bag.'
You may also want to watch:
The woman ran through a nearby front gate and up to the front door of the house in a desperate bid for help.
One of the trio caught her halfway along the path and said: 'I've got a gun. I'll kill you.'
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 9 QPR pull off upset with penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
The victim ignored the threat and continued to run for help but was grabbed by her left earring as the thug tried to snatch her watch from her wrist.
The woman began struggling and screaming for help but was pushed to the ground as the robber continued trying to wrench the watch from her.
A second man came up and grabbed the watch as a third kept lookout.
The two ringleaders then tried to get the rings from the woman's fingers and kicked her as she struggled.
Her ordeal finally ended as they grabbed her handbag and fled to a nearby black Honda Civic and drove away at speed leaving the victim with scratches and bruises.
Witnesses called the cops with the vehicle details and it was soon after seen by patrolling officers in Abbey Road, Maida Vale.
But when they signalled the driver to stop it ignored their request starting a car case.
The trio were arrested when their car ploughed into a lamppost on Morsehead Road, Kilburn, forcing them to run and hide.
Arresting officers also found the victim's wristwatch and handbag near the scene.
All three admitted robbery and will be sentenced on February 26.
Detective Nicola Watt, from Camden's Robbery Squad, said: "It was really fortunate that as these men fled, a witness recorded their vehicle registration.
"Thanks to the vigilance of the public and the bravery of the officers involved in the vehicle pursuit, these men were caught and the victims' property was recovered.
"I'm really pleased that the victim of this violent robbery can see the men responsible being held to account, and behind bars."