Trio thugs are sent to prison
THREE thugs who threatened to kill a woman as they pushed her to the ground before kicking and robbing her are facing jail. Ashley Hutchinson, 24, of Marian Way, Harlesden; Denzil Rochester, 22, of Chaplin Road, Wembley, and Duane Isaac, 25, of no fixed a
THREE thugs who threatened to kill a woman as they pushed her to the ground before kicking and robbing her are facing jail.
Ashley Hutchinson, 24, of Marian Way, Harlesden; Denzil Rochester, 22, of Chaplin Road, Wembley, and Duane Isaac, 25, of no fixed address, carried out their attack before crashing their car into a lamppost as they attempted to flee from chasing police.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard the trio attacked the terrified woman as she walked along a road in Gospel Oak, at 5pm in July last year.
One of the men came up to the 41-year-old and said: 'Shush, shush, give us your bag.'
You may also want to watch:
The woman ran through a nearby front gate and up to the front door of the house in a desperate bid for help.
One of the trio caught her halfway along the path and said: 'I've got a gun. I'll kill you.'
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
The victim ignored the threat and continued to run for help but was grabbed by her left earring as the thug tried to snatch her watch from her wrist.
The woman began struggling and screaming for help but was pushed to the ground as the robber continued trying to wrench the watch from her.
A second man came up and grabbed the watch as a third kept lookout.
The two ringleaders then tried to get the rings from the woman's fingers and kicked her as she struggled.
Her ordeal finally ended as they grabbed her handbag and fled to a nearby black Honda Civic and drove away at speed leaving the victim with scratches and bruises.
Witnesses called the cops with the vehicle details and it was soon after seen by patrolling officers in Abbey Road, Maida Vale.
But when they signalled the driver to stop it ignored their request starting a car case.
The trio were arrested when their car ploughed into a lamppost on Morsehead Road, Kilburn, forcing them to run and hide.
Arresting officers also found the victim's wristwatch and handbag near the scene.
All three admitted robbery and will be sentenced on February 26.
Detective Nicola Watt, from Camden's Robbery Squad, said: "It was really fortunate that as these men fled, a witness recorded their vehicle registration.
"Thanks to the vigilance of the public and the bravery of the officers involved in the vehicle pursuit, these men were caught and the victims' property was recovered.
"I'm really pleased that the victim of this violent robbery can see the men responsible being held to account, and behind bars."