Tributes paid to Brent mental health worker who died after contracting coronavirus
- Credit: Central and North West London NHS
A retired mental health worker from Brent is one of the latest NHS employees to die from coronavirus.
Glen Corbin’s colleagues from Pine Ward at Park Royal Centre for Mental Health (PRCMH) paid tribute to the “much loved” and “sorely missed” staff member who was looking forward to his 60th birthday this year.
He passed away on April 4.
Glen had recently returned to work as a bank health care assistant at both PRMCH’s acute mental health services and at Kingswood rehab services.
He worked at Pine Ward for many years joining shortly after it opened in 1995.
You may also want to watch:
Glen’s colleagues said he was instrumental in “helping turn things around” at the centre.
The tribute said: “He was the ‘go to’ person who knew everything about the ward and how to get things done. Service users often commented on his wonderful smile and positive attitude.”
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 9 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
So far, 14 NHS employees have died with Covid-19.