Tributes paid to Brent mental health worker who died after contracting coronavirus
- Credit: Central and North West London NHS
A retired mental health worker from Brent is one of the latest NHS employees to die from coronavirus.
Glen Corbin’s colleagues from Pine Ward at Park Royal Centre for Mental Health (PRCMH) paid tribute to the “much loved” and “sorely missed” staff member who was looking forward to his 60th birthday this year.
He passed away on April 4.
Glen had recently returned to work as a bank health care assistant at both PRMCH’s acute mental health services and at Kingswood rehab services.
He worked at Pine Ward for many years joining shortly after it opened in 1995.
You may also want to watch:
Glen’s colleagues said he was instrumental in “helping turn things around” at the centre.
The tribute said: “He was the ‘go to’ person who knew everything about the ward and how to get things done. Service users often commented on his wonderful smile and positive attitude.”
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker
So far, 14 NHS employees have died with Covid-19.