Murder trial for man accused of stabbing pregnant girlfriend to death with scissors
- Credit: Archant
A Romanian man is set to stand trial in November accused of stabbing his pregnant girlfriend to death with a pair of scissors.
Ioan Campeanu, 43, appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Belmarsh Prison this morning, charged with murder.
It is claimed he attacked 28-year-old Andra Hilitanu in the bathroom of their home in Neasden Lane, north London, on June 1.
Police were called at 2.30am. She suffered multiple wounds, including a fatal neck injury. She received treatment from paramedics, but died at the scene.
In court, a Romanian interpreter translated the brief hearing for Campeanu while barristers discussed arrangements for viewing medical records.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Anuja Dhir QC adjourned the case until October 19 for arraignment when he is due to enter a plea.
A two-week trial is due to begin on November 26.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
The defendant was remanded in custody.
Court reporting by the Press Association.