Travelodge want to build new sites in Kilburn, Kensal Rise and Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Hotel group want to expand affordable accommodation in the borough
A hotel company is seeking to build three new sites in the borough in a bid to expand affordable accommodation.
Travelodge is looking to build new sites in Kilburn, the Willesden Junction and Kensal Rise area and a third close to Wembley Arena.
The company, which is the largest hotel brand in London, already has one branch in the North Circular Road, close to the Alperton area.
If they successful in finding suitable locations it is estimated around 60 jobs will be created.
Grant Hearn, chief executive of Travelodge Hotels, said: “Our existing hotel in Brent performs strongly all year round.
“Whether it be business travellers, leisure customers or families coming to visit loved ones, we are regularly achieving high occupancy levels.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 4 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 5 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- 8 Four LTN schemes could be scrapped in Brent
- 9 We deserved win over West Brom says QPR boss Warburton
- 10 Guilty: North London criminals jailed in December 2021
“It is clear that the outer London Boroughs have a lack of good quality, affordable hotel accommodation. Many have large employment clusters and impressive regeneration proposals yet have an undersupply of hotel rooms.
“Our target locations in Brent are all suitable for a Travelodge hotel and we hope to be able to make further announcements about specific sites soon.”
The move comes as part of Travelodge’s plans to build an additional 145 hotels across London to add to the 59 already open.