Travel the next stop from Kilburn Park on the Tube and it will cost you dearly
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
If your Tube journey cost £76 per minute, you would soon be marching angrily to Boris Johnson’s office Oyster card in hand.
But that is how much rents go up if you choose to live near to Maida Vale station rather than Kilburn Park – which are separated by just one stop on the Bakerloo line, according to market research.
Website Rentonomy, which offers people tips on entering the lettings market, has found the rise is the highest between any two stations on the Underground.
An average two-bed property costs £355 per week around Kilburn Park.
But travel a minute-and-a-half on the Tube and rent increases to £469 for a similar-sized property close to Maida Vale station, according to the company’s research.
You may also want to watch:
David Butler, Rentonomy’s director of research said: “It’s another instance of the patchwork quilt of village areas around London, that have quite different characters right next door to each other.”
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears