QPR winger Wheeler joins Portsmouth on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Rs midfielder to spend remainder of campaign with Fratton Park club
Queens Park Rangers winger David Wheeler has joined Sky Bet League One outfit Portsmouth on loan until the end of the season.
Wheeler moved to Loftus Road last summer for an undisclosed fee from Sky Bet League Two side Exeter City.
The 27-year-old endured an injury-hit first season in the Sky Bet Championship with QPR, making just nine appearances in all competitions and scoring one goal.
The winger did not feature for the Rs on Saturday when they began the new league season with a 1-0 defeat at Preston North End.
You may also want to watch:
And Wheeler will now spend the remainder of the campaign at Pompey under former QPR assistant manager Kenny Jackett.
Wheeler told Portsmouth’s official website: “I didn’t play too many games last season, so I wanted to get back into the swing of things and experience competitive football again.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
“It was looking likely for the past six weeks or so that a loan move was a possibility and coming to Pompey was a no-brainer.”