QPR boss McClaren makes first summer signing as Leistner joins
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
German defender has signed three-year deal with Rs after leaving Union Berlin
Queens Park Rangers manager Steve McClaren has made his first summer signing by bringing in defender Toni Leistner on a three-year deal from German second division side Union Berlin.
The 27-year-old moves to west London on a free transfer following the expiration of his deal with Union.
Leistner has linked up with his new QPR colleagues at their training camp in Portugal, but the centre-back is already looking forward to making his debut for the west Londoners.
“I feel very proud. QPR is a big club and a traditional club so it is good to be here,” Leistner told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“I like to play football the hard way. I love the physical side of the game and I hope I can give the supporters a lot.”
McClaren added: “Toni has been much sought after, he’s run his contract down and many people were chasing his signature, from the Bundesliga and the Championship.”
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'