QPR sign Burnley forward Wells on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Bermuda international joins on deal until end of season
Queens Park Rangers have signed forward Nakhi Wells on a season-long loan deal from Premier League side Burnley.
The Bermuda international is the second forward to join QPR on loan today, with Brighton & Hove Albion attacker Tomer Hemed also making a temporary move.
Wells has experience of the Sky Bet Championship, having won promotion from the division with Huddersfield Town in 2017, and the 28-year-old is cannot wait to get started in west London.
“It’s a challenge that excites me a lot,” Wells told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“I have had the struggles of fighting to stay in the league as well as getting promoted. I like to think the club are getting someone who’s hungry, excited, who has experience at this level and knows what it takes to grind out a long, tough season.
“I’ve always enjoyed my visits to Loftus Road. It’s a great ground.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
“I’m looking forward to playing there regularly and hopefully I can continue that run of scoring goals at home now (Wells has scored in each of his last three games at Loftus Road).”