Traffic and rail disruption in Brent for the week from July 5
- Credit: ARCHANT
Roadworks and delays are likely in many part of Brent this week with the Euro 2020 semi finals putting pressure on transport infrastructure.
The Euro semi-final and final is taking place on Tuesday and Wednesday so residents in Wembley Park will know to expect road closures.
Fulton Road, Engineers Way, South Way, Wembley Triangle on July 6, 7 and for the final on July 11.
Delays are likely on Manor Park Road in Harlesden from July 6 to 8 as planned works begin.
From July 5-16 delays are likely on Dudden Hill Lane as Virgin Media carry out work.
You may also want to watch:
Chamberlayne Road between the junction of Banister Road and Harvist Road continues to be closed until July 18 to facilitate utility works.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 8 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 9 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 10 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
With the numbers at Wembley increasing to 60,000 fans for the semi-final games on July 6 and 7, the area around the stadium will be busier than previous games in the tournament.
Kick off is at 8pm both nights.
Anyone not travelling to Wembley Stadium are told to avoid the area if possible.
Trains will also be busier on some lines, in certain directions, before and after the game and people should be mindful there is no night time service should the games go into extra time and penalties.
Between 5pm to 7.30pm (northbound) and from 10:15pm until last service (southbound) these lines will be busy:
Jubilee line between London Bridge and Wembley Park
Metropolitan line between Liverpool Street and Wembley Park
Bakerloo line between Waterloo and Wembley Central
London Overground between Euston and Wembley Central
Circle and Hammersmith & City line between Baker Street and Liverpool Street.
Transport for London is urging people to consider travelling outside these times.