Traffic and rail disruption in Brent for the week from July 5
- Credit: ARCHANT
Roadworks and delays are likely in many part of Brent this week with the Euro 2020 semi finals putting pressure on transport infrastructure.
The Euro semi-final and final is taking place on Tuesday and Wednesday so residents in Wembley Park will know to expect road closures.
Fulton Road, Engineers Way, South Way, Wembley Triangle on July 6, 7 and for the final on July 11.
Delays are likely on Manor Park Road in Harlesden from July 6 to 8 as planned works begin.
From July 5-16 delays are likely on Dudden Hill Lane as Virgin Media carry out work.
Chamberlayne Road between the junction of Banister Road and Harvist Road continues to be closed until July 18 to facilitate utility works.
- 1 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 4 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 5 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 6 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 7 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 8 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 9 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 10 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
With the numbers at Wembley increasing to 60,000 fans for the semi-final games on July 6 and 7, the area around the stadium will be busier than previous games in the tournament.
Kick off is at 8pm both nights.
Anyone not travelling to Wembley Stadium are told to avoid the area if possible.
Trains will also be busier on some lines, in certain directions, before and after the game and people should be mindful there is no night time service should the games go into extra time and penalties.
Between 5pm to 7.30pm (northbound) and from 10:15pm until last service (southbound) these lines will be busy:
Jubilee line between London Bridge and Wembley Park
Metropolitan line between Liverpool Street and Wembley Park
Bakerloo line between Waterloo and Wembley Central
London Overground between Euston and Wembley Central
Circle and Hammersmith & City line between Baker Street and Liverpool Street.
Transport for London is urging people to consider travelling outside these times.