Traffic warden in Brent thrown off moped while on duty in road crash
- Credit: Archant
This is the dramatic moment a traffic warden was knocked off his moped and hurled in the road following a collision whilst he was on duty in Brent.
A concerned passer-by posted images to social media website Twitter of the chaotic scene moments after crash.
The rider lies motionless in the middle of the street while cyclists and pedestrians stop to assist him.
The incident, which is reported to have happened last Friday, was witnessed by Twitter user Laiba Ali, who was so concerned for the warden she contacted the council yesterday in a bid to find out if he was alright.
Responding to Ms Ali’s Tweet from the town hall’s official account, Brent Council told her the warden was recovering after sustaining minor injuries.
The tweet said: “Thanks for the concern. The driver is okay, just a few bruises and no serious injuries.”
The Brent & Kilburn Times has approached the council for a comment.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 6 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data