Top 10 Albums of 2010: Paul Weller - Wake Up The Nation
Review of The Year
This was the album that threatened to get buried beneath column inches about The Jam getting back together.
The appearance of Bruce Foxton on Fast Car/Slow Traffic was a pleasant surprise – it seems for the pair of them as much as it was for us.
But there it ended, just as was appropriate, and we were left to appreciate Weller at his most inventive.
Kevin Sheilds of My Bloody Valentine is also here on 7 & 3 Is The Striker’s Name. The keyboard-led instrumential In Amsterdam is left-field genius. No Tears To Cry has a Roy Orbison lilt. The title track is classic Weller.
The modfather is on fire at the moment and long may it continue.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash