Top 10 Albums of 2010: Paul Weller - Wake Up The Nation
Review of The Year
This was the album that threatened to get buried beneath column inches about The Jam getting back together.
The appearance of Bruce Foxton on Fast Car/Slow Traffic was a pleasant surprise – it seems for the pair of them as much as it was for us.
But there it ended, just as was appropriate, and we were left to appreciate Weller at his most inventive.
Kevin Sheilds of My Bloody Valentine is also here on 7 & 3 Is The Striker’s Name. The keyboard-led instrumential In Amsterdam is left-field genius. No Tears To Cry has a Roy Orbison lilt. The title track is classic Weller.
You may also want to watch:
The modfather is on fire at the moment and long may it continue.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park