Top 10 Albums of 2010: Paul Weller - Wake Up The Nation
Review of The Year
This was the album that threatened to get buried beneath column inches about The Jam getting back together.
The appearance of Bruce Foxton on Fast Car/Slow Traffic was a pleasant surprise – it seems for the pair of them as much as it was for us.
But there it ended, just as was appropriate, and we were left to appreciate Weller at his most inventive.
Kevin Sheilds of My Bloody Valentine is also here on 7 & 3 Is The Striker’s Name. The keyboard-led instrumential In Amsterdam is left-field genius. No Tears To Cry has a Roy Orbison lilt. The title track is classic Weller.
You may also want to watch:
The modfather is on fire at the moment and long may it continue.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill