Top 10 Albums of 2010: Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite
Review of The Year
Over the years Kylie has been many things. With Aphrodite you get the sense that she is being who and what she wants to be.
As a launch single and album opener, All The Lovers provided an indicator of the strength of what was to come.
There are monumental dancefloor fillers here, but plenty more besides in what is both a balanced and diverse offering.
You get baroque Kylie with Closer, anthem Kylie with Can’t Beat The Feeling, deity Kylie on the title track and yes ‘Kylie’ Kylie on Looking For An Angel
You may also want to watch:
There’s even a sub-New Order/The Cure feel to parts of Cupid Boy.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend