Thugs rob newsagents
MASKED thugs brazenly served customers as they robbed a shop where they forced a worker into a backroom. The trio of thieves launched their raid on Raj newsagent at the corner of Harlesden Road and Hawthorn Road, Willesden, at around 6.45am on Monday, No
MASKED thugs brazenly served customers as they robbed a shop where they forced a worker into a backroom.
The trio of thieves launched their raid on Raj newsagent at the corner of Harlesden Road and Hawthorn Road, Willesden, at around 6.45am on Monday, November 23.
The suspects, all described as white, 6ft tall, aged between 25-30, one wearing a black balaclava, navy Gap top with blue jeans and black trainers, another wearing a grey Nike hoodie and black balaclava, made off with around �2,000 of goods from the store including cash, bus passes, phone cards and a computer.
During their heist they even pretended to work at the shop and served customers as they came in for goods.
One worker, who asked not to be identified, said: "They hit as the shop was opened and took the worker into the back office. I think they were Eastern European.
"They must have been in only three or four minutes but I think one of them had a knife. They took the computer thinking it was CCTV but they got it wrong.
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
"We have not been hit here for a very long time and then they come in just as we are opening. The guy is ok but he is off work for a little while."
After robbing the shop the suspects ran away along Hawthorn Road.
Det Con James Phipps, Brent Police, said: "This happened early in the morning, if you were in the area did you see anybody matching the description.
"The suspects brazenly served customers while the owner was kept in the back room." Anyone with information should call police on 020 8733 3116 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.