Thugs rob newsagents
MASKED thugs brazenly served customers as they robbed a shop where they forced a worker into a backroom. The trio of thieves launched their raid on Raj newsagent at the corner of Harlesden Road and Hawthorn Road, Willesden, at around 6.45am on Monday, No
MASKED thugs brazenly served customers as they robbed a shop where they forced a worker into a backroom.
The trio of thieves launched their raid on Raj newsagent at the corner of Harlesden Road and Hawthorn Road, Willesden, at around 6.45am on Monday, November 23.
The suspects, all described as white, 6ft tall, aged between 25-30, one wearing a black balaclava, navy Gap top with blue jeans and black trainers, another wearing a grey Nike hoodie and black balaclava, made off with around �2,000 of goods from the store including cash, bus passes, phone cards and a computer.
During their heist they even pretended to work at the shop and served customers as they came in for goods.
You may also want to watch:
One worker, who asked not to be identified, said: "They hit as the shop was opened and took the worker into the back office. I think they were Eastern European.
"They must have been in only three or four minutes but I think one of them had a knife. They took the computer thinking it was CCTV but they got it wrong.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 8 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
"We have not been hit here for a very long time and then they come in just as we are opening. The guy is ok but he is off work for a little while."
After robbing the shop the suspects ran away along Hawthorn Road.
Det Con James Phipps, Brent Police, said: "This happened early in the morning, if you were in the area did you see anybody matching the description.
"The suspects brazenly served customers while the owner was kept in the back room." Anyone with information should call police on 020 8733 3116 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.