Thug will be jailed after raping teen
A POLISH man who raped a teenage girl who had the mental age of a young child faces jail when he is sentenced next month. Rafal Smucz, 29, who lives at the Millenium Lodge in Harrow Road, Kensal Green, floored the terrified 17-year-old in a park and forc
A POLISH man who raped a teenage girl who had the mental age of a young child faces jail when he is sentenced next month.
Rafal Smucz, 29, who lives at the Millenium Lodge in Harrow Road, Kensal Green, floored the terrified 17-year-old in a park and forced himself on her before casually 'sauntering off.'
Inner London Crown court heard Smucz's victim had a 'mental disorder' with the understanding of a five-year-old, and was incapable of consenting.
Christopher Amis, prosecuting, said: "It was a brutal rape perpetrated by this defendant and no doubt after he and his friends in the park had recognised her extreme vulnerability."
The girl had gone to eat chips in Mint Street Park in south east London, in the early evening of August 25 last year, when Smucz and his friends spotted her.
Shortly afterwards drunken Smucz 'came to her' and grabbed her arm, put it behind her back and raped her.
- 1 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 10 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
Mr Amis said: "She tried to tell him to get off but then he put his hand over her mouth making it difficult to breathe."
The court heard while raping her he kept his hand over her mouth but she managed to scream which was heard by other people on the park.
Mr Amis added: "When she told her grandfather what had happened he said he had 'never seen her so upset.'
Psychologist Juliette Cutler, who interviewed the girl for more than three hours, said she shows numerous signs of being childlike and not 'normal' - both physically and in her communication.
Her IQ is in the lowest one per cent.
Smucz, who claimed the victim was a willing participant, denied two counts of rape relating to the same incident and was convicted of one of the rapes.
He will be sentenced on April 23.