Thug will be jailed after raping teen
A POLISH man who raped a teenage girl who had the mental age of a young child faces jail when he is sentenced next month. Rafal Smucz, 29, who lives at the Millenium Lodge in Harrow Road, Kensal Green, floored the terrified 17-year-old in a park and forc
A POLISH man who raped a teenage girl who had the mental age of a young child faces jail when he is sentenced next month.
Rafal Smucz, 29, who lives at the Millenium Lodge in Harrow Road, Kensal Green, floored the terrified 17-year-old in a park and forced himself on her before casually 'sauntering off.'
Inner London Crown court heard Smucz's victim had a 'mental disorder' with the understanding of a five-year-old, and was incapable of consenting.
Christopher Amis, prosecuting, said: "It was a brutal rape perpetrated by this defendant and no doubt after he and his friends in the park had recognised her extreme vulnerability."
You may also want to watch:
The girl had gone to eat chips in Mint Street Park in south east London, in the early evening of August 25 last year, when Smucz and his friends spotted her.
Shortly afterwards drunken Smucz 'came to her' and grabbed her arm, put it behind her back and raped her.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 4 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 5 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
Mr Amis said: "She tried to tell him to get off but then he put his hand over her mouth making it difficult to breathe."
The court heard while raping her he kept his hand over her mouth but she managed to scream which was heard by other people on the park.
Mr Amis added: "When she told her grandfather what had happened he said he had 'never seen her so upset.'
Psychologist Juliette Cutler, who interviewed the girl for more than three hours, said she shows numerous signs of being childlike and not 'normal' - both physically and in her communication.
Her IQ is in the lowest one per cent.
Smucz, who claimed the victim was a willing participant, denied two counts of rape relating to the same incident and was convicted of one of the rapes.
He will be sentenced on April 23.