Three female teenagers injured in Queen’s Park shooting

Gunman hit 17,18 and 19-year-old girls in the Mozart Estate

An investigation is underway after three teenage girls were shot in Queen’s Park yesterday evening (Thursday).

The females aged 17, 18, and 19 were injured after a gunman shot at a crowd in John Fearon Walk in the Mozart Estate just after 7pm.

The victims are believed to have been hit by shrapnel from a shotgun used by the gunman.

The youngest girl has been released from hospital and the other two are in a stable condition.


You may also want to watch:


A neighbour, who wished not to be named, said: “I wasn’t here but my daughters were. My youngest daughter looked out the window and saw the boy with the gun, There had been lots of children hanging around outside.

“Now I really want to move. There was a stabbing here recently and now this shooting. I have lived here for 17 years but the area has really deteriorated. I haven’t felt safe in three years.”

Most Read

Samira Fayed, 43, of nearby Bruckner Street, said: “There was lots of police and neighbours outside. It was frightening. “People just want to move out now. I’ve got small children. If I had teenage children I would be scared living in this area.”

Detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team investigating gun crime in London, are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

If you saw anything or have any information, call the incident room on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus