Three Brent nurseries raise £1,470 for Barnardo’s Big Toddle
- Credit: Archant
Children from nurseries in Brent raised £1,470 for Barnardo’s and are gearing up to support the charity again in its 150th anniversary year.
Melrose Nursery School in St Michael’s Avenue, Wembley, raised £250, College Green Nursery School in College Road, Kensal Rise, raised £310 and Gower House Nursery in Blackbird Hill, Neasden, raised £910 at Barnardo’s Big Toddle event last summer.
Little ones aged five and under dressed up as pirates and donned eye patches before completing a half-mile march last year.
The three nurseries that took part have contributed more than £7,000 to support Barnardo’s work since the annual campaign first launched in 1997.
Last year Barnardo’s was awarded a £9m four-year contract to run 14 out of 17 children’s centres in the borough.
The centres were outsourced by Brent Council to save it £750,000 following budget cuts.
Lynn Gradwell, Director of Barnardo’s in London, said: “I’d like to say a massive thank you to everyone in Brent who took part in last year’s Big Toddle, raising so much money to support our work with young people in London and beyond.
- 1 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 2 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Party patrols return as barber’s rave shut down
- 5 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 8 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 9 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 10 New virtual exhibition explores Brent's multicultural history
“We’re really excited so many people are taking part in our animal-themed Big Toddle, and we hope many more people will sign up to join in the fun in our 150th anniversary year, and help to make sure we are always here to support the most vulnerable children, families and young people.”
The Big Toddle event has raised more than £14million for Barnardo’s since it started in 1997.
Barnardo’s Big Toddle 2016 is sponsored by Aldi’s baby and toddler brand, Mamia.
For more information and to register to Barnardo’s Big Toddle go to barnardos.org.uk/bigtoddle, follow them on Twitter @BigToddle or on Facebook/BigToddle.