Three arrested by cops probing Copland Community School
Two men and a woman are being questioned on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud
THREE people have been arrested this morning in connection with the alleged misappropriation of funds at a secondary school.
Detectives investigating the claims, said to have taken place at Copland Community School in Cecil Avenue, Wembley, detained two men aged 53 and 64 and a 50-year-old woman after visiting their homes.
The men are being questioned on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud and the woman, who was arrested at the same address as the 53-year-old man, is being quizzed on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud and theft.
In 2009 senior members of staff at the school departed amid a scandal over alleged bonus payments.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Richard Evans, the deputy headteacher, was subsequently sacked by a disciplinary panel, made up of three members of an Interim Executive Board.
Sir Alan Davies, the headteacher, Columbus Odokoro, the school bursar and Michelle Bishop, the human resources manager, resigned from their posts before a similar hearing could take place.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London