Thousands help Swaminarayan School in Neasden celebrate its 20th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Summer fair held over the weekend attracted more than 10,000 visitors
A school fair in Neasden which was held over the weekend attracted more than 10,000 visitors.
The impressive turnout at Swaminarayan School in Brentfield Road, coincided with its 20th birthday.
Adults and children enjoyed a host of fun activities and entertainment on offer including delicious vegetarian cuisine, arts and crafts stalls, numerous stage acts
and fun fair rides.
You may also want to watch:
The main highlight of the two-day event was a parade with a “Murthi” of Lord Swaminarayan showered with blessings from a decorated float.
It was organised by Neasden temple, which is situated across the road, as a special celebration of the school’s birthday.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
Daniels Estate Agents, the main sponsors of the fair, boosted the school’s funds by donating 10 per cent of any sales or letting commission when clients mention ‘Swaminarayan School or temple’.
Yogesh Patel from the school said: “We are grateful to Daniels Estate Agents for their loyal support and to the whole community for coming along to make our summer fair a fantastic success.”