Thousands flock to Queen’s Park fun day
Thousands of people flocked to Queen’s Park to enjoy the annual community event day laid on by a residents association.
The free jamboree took place yesterday (11) but despite the tragic significance of this day, locals displayed a commitment to unity by showing their support.
A variety of music stands, fancy dress and stalls were there including ones run by charities and other non-profit organisations.
Organised by Queen’s Park Area Residents’ Association, the event took place in the park which is run by the Corporation of London.
Helen Durford from QPARA said “It was fantastic. People have been calling me up all day telling me how lovely the day went.”
You may also want to watch:
A picture special feature on the event will be in this week’s Brent & Kilburn Times out on Thursday (15).
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley