Third director leaves Brent Council in three months
Genny Renard, head of community safety partnership unit, steps down from her role
A third town hall chief has stepped down from her post at Brent Council in three months, the Times can reveal.
Genny Renard left her role as the head of community safety partnership unit last week.
Two years ago, the Times revealed Brent Council were paying an agency �750-a-day for Ms Renard’s services as the temporarily head of the unit.
She was eventually given the post permanently
Ms Renard’s departure comes after Clive Heaphy left his post as the director of finance last month.
Mr Heaphy was suspended from his �135,105 position amid allegations of gross misconduct in September.
- 1 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 2 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 3 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 4 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 7 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 8 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
The allegations were withdrawn but Mr Heaphy decided to leave regardless.
Gareth Daniel, the long standing chief executive, left his �203,342-a-year post in September.
Mr Daniel, who had led the post for 14 years and worked for the council since 1986, had fallen out with Cllr Muhammed Butt, Brent Council leader.
Cllr Butt took over the position from Cllr Ann John OBE in May.
Christine Gilbert has been appointed as the council’s interim chief executive but it is not known who is filling in for Ms Renard or Mr Heaphy’s while their replacements are being sought.
Ms Gilbert, a former chief executive for Tower Hamlets Council and Ofsted boss, is married to Harrow East MP Tony McNulty.
A spokesman for Brent Council said: “Genny Renard decided to leave Brent due to personal circumstances. At her request she was granted immediate release.
“Active steps are being taken to provide a replacement.”