Thief posing as helpful stranger makes off with cash in Wembley
Man pretends to clean victim’s jacket as he makes off with money
Police are appealing for help in tracking down a man who posed as a helpful stranger only to steal cash from another man.
The victim, a 47-year-old man, had just withdrawn a large amount of money out of a building society in Wembley High Road at around 10.15am on Monday, when the suspect approached him from behind.
The suspect told the victim that there was something on the back of his jacket and offered to clean it off before walking towards Park Lane.
At this point the victim noticed the money was missing from his jacket pocket.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as an Arabic or North African male, 5ft 8ins tall, 36-years-old with short cropped hair wearing a jacket and carrying a rucksack.
Det Con Jo Castle, Brent Priority Crime Unit, said: “I am appealing for anybody who was in the area around the time of the incident, that may help the investigation, the area was busy at the time and if you think you have seen anything that may help us please call us on 0208 733 3116 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley