The Mayhew’s annual Hyde Bark takes place on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
An animal charity in Kensal Green will be holding its annual fundraising dog event in Hyde Park on Sunday.
The Mayhew Animal Home’s Hyde Bark involves a host of canine-themed events including its celebrity-judged dog show.
This year’s judges include broadcaster and bird watcher Bill Oddie OBE, animal welfare campaigning actor Peter Egan and celebrity vet Marc Abraham.
They will be choosing from the categories including waggiest tail, best friends, sweetest staffie and best trick on behalf of the sanctuary which is based in Trenmar Gardens.
Mr Egan said: “I really admire The Mayhew’s work including its rehoming programme, neutering policies and terrific animal accommodation which acclimatises abandoned dogs and cats into a friendly and homelike atmosphere. Hyde Bark is a great event for a great charity.
“I’m a huge fan of the work the Mayhew does on so many levels!”
There will also be a sponsored walk at the event, now in its third year, which raised nearly £20,000 last year an attracted more than 400 visitors.
- 1 Wembley teen killed in collision named as police seek to trace Ford van
- 2 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 3 Everything But the Girl singer launches bid to save Welsh Harp
- 4 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 Judicial review could 'stop GP surgery privatisation'
- 7 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 8 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 9 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
It takes place at The Cockpit in Hyde Park, Serpentine Road, from 10am to 5pm.
Registration for the dog show starts at 9.00am and the sponsored walk commences at 12.30pm.
To register for the walk, please email email@example.com, or call 020 8206 5875.
For more information about The Mayhew visit www.mayhew.org.