The Mayhew appeals to find owner of kitten rescued in St John’s Wood
- Credit: Archant
A kitten is in the care of an animal charity in Kensal Green after it was rescued from an electricity pipe in St John’s Wood.
The cute cat, which has been named after actress and singer Billie Piper by staff at The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, is believed to have spent a day stuck in the pipe 45 metres down.
Billie’s meowing heard by maintenance workers who came to its rescue.
Tania Mazzonni, animal welfare officer at the Mayhew, said: “We are appealing to find the kitten’s owners.
“The kitten was in good condition, I think it was down there for about a day and is very friendly and loves a cuddle.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayhew have omitted Billie’s gender to help the rightful owner reclaim their pet.
If you are the owner or know who it is call The Mayhew on 0208 962 8009 or visit themayhew.org.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet