The Mayhew appeals to find new homes for cute kittens
- Credit: Archant
An animal charity in Kensal Green is looking for a new home for four kittens after their mother gave birth to them in a Willesden street.
The family ended up at the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, after a passerby witnessed a group of drunk men surrounding the distressed mother giving birth to two kittens.
Animal welfare officers from The Mayhew rushed to the scene after being alerted by the police and they rescued ‘Annie’ from the men who were trying to pick her up whilst she was still in labour.
She went on to have two more kittens.
They have been named Puzzo, Rebecca, Fred and Darren.
The kittens are now four weeks old and will be ready for their new home once they are three months.
Jo-Anna Pugh, animal welfare officer at the Mayhew, said: ‘It’s not the best start in the world to be born by the side of the road but they’re all in the best place now.
- 1 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 2 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 3 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 4 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 5 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 8 QPR boss Beale bemoans missed chances in Blackpool defeat
- 9 QPR left stumped by old boy Bowler in Blackpool loss
- 10 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
“Annie is an excellent mum, so warm and friendly, she’ll make an ideal cat for someone soon. She’s not been too traumatised by the experience and she’s just getting on with it.”
If you want to adopt one of the kittens, Annie or a different pet visit themayhew.org or call 0208 962 8000.