The Mayhew Animal Home turns fat cat slim
- Credit: Archant
A fat cat that was so obese animal welfare officers were forced to take him into their care to save his life has shed half his weight.
Weighing in at 13kgs, Tiger was so obese that he struggled to breath and was at death’s door until the Mayhew Animal Home in Kensal Green stepped in.
The charity, based in Trenmar Gardens, was forced to take action after his owner struggled to put him on a diet so they used Section 9 of the Animal Welfare Act to take him into their care.
Two years on and she is half the puss she used to be thanks to a moggy diet of 5 grams of dry food a day.
Zoe Edwards, Mayhew animal welfare manager, is warning cat owners not to overfeed their pets.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Tiger would have died if we hadn’t intervened so we had to remove him as he was in such distress.
“We would urge people not to over feed their cats.”
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
The Aminal Welfare Act places a duty of care on people to ensure they take reasonable steps to meet the welfare needs of their animals.”
Tiger, who is now ready for a new home, is a loveable 13-year-old who adores affection.
He’s very sensitive and needs a calm home with a garden without other pets or children. His diet will need to be maintained by his new owners.
If you are interested in adopting Tiger visit www.themayhew.org.