The Mayhew Animal Home in Kensal Green wins ‘best charity team’ award
- Credit: Archant
A charity in Kensal Green has won an award for its outstanding dedication to helping sick and abandoned animals.
The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, won the accolade at the PetPlan and Association of Dogs and Cats Homes (ADCH) Animal Charity Awards.
The shelter, which celebrates its 130th anniversary this year, scooped the animal charity team of the year category.
The Mayhew was heralded for its work on a wide and varied range of activities to aid dogs and cats at the home and out in the communities across London, this includes its rescue work and initiatives to encourage responsible pet ownership.
The Mayhew was also recognised for the work it does overseas to relieve the suffering of animals globally.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Yates, CE0 of The Mayhew, said: “We work with pet owners, carers, local authorities, communities, veterinary professionals, international agencies, governments and animal welfare groups to raise awareness of animal health and welfare issues, finding sustainable solutions to help people and animals live side by side, enjoying each others’ company in safety and security.
“This award is a tremendous accolade and recognition of our work helping animals both in the UK and overseas.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
Isabella von Mesterhazy, PetPlan’s head of marketing, added: “All finalists and winners should feel very proud of this great achievement; it’s testament to their hard work in furthering the wellbeing of the animals in their care. Each and every one of the individuals and teams nominated go above and beyond in their mission to improve animal welfare and it’s brilliant to be able to celebrate them through these awards.”
Now in its fourth year, the awards celebrate the incredible work, dedication and commitment of animal charities and not-for-profit organisations across the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands and the charity teams, volunteers and employees that go above and beyond in their mission to improve animal wellbeing.
For more information about The Mayhew visit themayhew.org.