The London Designer Outlet in Wembley attracts 85,000 shoppers in four days
- Credit: Oliver Dixon / Imagewise.
The new London Designer Outlet in Wembley attracted 85,000 visitors in its first four days with 21,500 shoppers flocking to the centre at its launch.
The mall in Wembley Park Boulevard offers shoppers up to 70 per cent of retail shops, 15 restaurants and a nine-screen Cineworld cinema.
At its launch exactly a week ago 32 shops and restaurants opened with this figure expected to double in the next two months.
Retailers who have opened branches in the 350,000ft² centre include Guess, Phase Eight, Skechers, Villeroy & Boch, M&S Outlet, Wagamama and Pizza Express.
James Saunders, chief operating officer for developer Quintain, who own LDO, said: “London Designer Outlet attracted enough people over its first four days of trading to fill our neighbour, Wembley Stadium!
You may also want to watch:
“That’s a huge vote of confidence in the Capital’s first outlet centre and, with the number of fantastic brands open doubling as Londoners start their Christmas shopping, we expect this strong demand to continue.”
LDO will be hosting a Sitare festival on Saturday to mark its opening.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
The day-long street event will be a colourful, vibrant, extravaganza taking place around the centre.