The Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins sells his old outfits on eBay to support The Mayhew
- Credit: Suzan/EMPICS Entertainment
A rock star is auctioning off a selection of his flamboyant stage clothes in support of an animal charity in Kensal Green.
Justin Hawkins, the frontman for The Darkness, will give half of the proceeds raised to The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens.
The singer is known for his colourful clothing and some of the garments listed on auction website eBay includes a pair of red snakeskin effect flares and Dolce and Gabbana silk trousers.
In his listing for the silk trousers he jokes: “I bought these because I saw a photo of Ryan Gosling wearing them and he looked great. I have since realised that I’m not Ryan Gosling.
“Perhaps YOU are!”
The 39-year-old is also selling costumes from his live gigs in 2005 and 2006.
He said: “I still love these outfits, but I’m not going to wear them again because my house is full of them.”
- 1 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 4 QPR bow out of EFL Cup after penalty shoot-out at Charlton
- 5 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 8 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 9 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
Urging people to buy his outfits, he has said in his listings: “Flared red leather snakeskin effect trousers, with strung openings to hips. Check local bylaws before any public use.
“Your chance to look like a rock star at the next The Darkness gig – also ideal for job interviews. If you want to upstage the bride wear it to a wedding. Send off a loved one by wearing it to a funeral.
“Half the proceeds go straight to the Mayhew Animal Home and the other half goes straight into my father’s Christmas Box.”
To see the listings visit ebay.eu/1sVrMxp