The Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins sells his old outfits on eBay to support The Mayhew
- Credit: Suzan/EMPICS Entertainment
A rock star is auctioning off a selection of his flamboyant stage clothes in support of an animal charity in Kensal Green.
Justin Hawkins, the frontman for The Darkness, will give half of the proceeds raised to The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens.
The singer is known for his colourful clothing and some of the garments listed on auction website eBay includes a pair of red snakeskin effect flares and Dolce and Gabbana silk trousers.
In his listing for the silk trousers he jokes: “I bought these because I saw a photo of Ryan Gosling wearing them and he looked great. I have since realised that I’m not Ryan Gosling.
“Perhaps YOU are!”
You may also want to watch:
The 39-year-old is also selling costumes from his live gigs in 2005 and 2006.
He said: “I still love these outfits, but I’m not going to wear them again because my house is full of them.”
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
Urging people to buy his outfits, he has said in his listings: “Flared red leather snakeskin effect trousers, with strung openings to hips. Check local bylaws before any public use.
“Your chance to look like a rock star at the next The Darkness gig – also ideal for job interviews. If you want to upstage the bride wear it to a wedding. Send off a loved one by wearing it to a funeral.
“Half the proceeds go straight to the Mayhew Animal Home and the other half goes straight into my father’s Christmas Box.”
To see the listings visit ebay.eu/1sVrMxp