The Clash guitarist Mick Jones backs fight to save Kensal Rise Library
Mick Jones joins famous authors Philip Pullman and Zadie Smith in calling for the library to stay open
Legendary guitarist Mick Jones of The Clash has thrown his support behind the fight to save Kensal Rise Library.
He joined protesters outside the threatened reading room and urged council chiefs to rethink their plans to close it.
Brent Council last year announced plans to closes Kensal Rise Library, opened by American author Mark Twain in 1900, along with five others.
But concerned families and residents have launched an energetic campaign to save it, and are currently drawing up proposals for a rescue package which they are urging councillors to support.
You may also want to watch:
Authors Philip Pullman and Zadie Smith have also backed the campaign.
For more information on the campaign visit www.savekensalriselibrary.org
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates