The Chase’s Shaun Wallace to open Heart of Wembley festival
- Credit: Archant
A game show celebrity guest is racing down to add some sparkle to a free festival in Wembley.
Shaun Wallace, quiz master on ITV’s The Chase, is launching the second annual Heart of Wembley Festival taking place on July 22 in Wembley High Road.
The family friendly event celebrates the communities of Wembley Central through music, dance and food from 1pm-6pm.
Among the performers are drummers Dhol2Dhol, vintage group The London Belles, rock band Harripaul, and singer-songwriter Dorianne Woo.
Activities include children’s rides, a bubble show from bubbleologist Graham Maxwell, street theatre, and a number of stalls to browse and buy from offering world food, fashion, gifts and jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
Francis Henry, chair of Wembley Futures, the community organisation hosting the event, said: “We are building on the success of last year’s festival and look forward to a great day out with friends and neighbours, making the most of our local community.”
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours