The Beach At Brent Cross
- Credit: Archant
Cool down in the heatwave with a trip to ‘the beach’ but without a long car journey
If you can’t get to the beach this summer - or want to avoid long queues down to the sandy hotspots - then The Beach can come to you.
Once again hundreds of tonnes of yellow sand have landed in Brent Cross to create a seasonal pop up in front of the shopping centre.
Park yourself in a deckchair while the kids make sandcastles, or paddle in the safe shallow pool, and you could almost be in Margate.
Alongside a beer garden, ice cream and fish&chips, there are funfair rides for all ages.
You may also want to watch:
Mine loved the traditional attractions like the dodgems, helter skelter, carousel, and those giant bungee trampolines that you can turn somersaults in.
For toddlers there is a soft play zone to keep them safe and happy, and for older ones there’s the beach slide, dune buggies, pirate ship - or if you don’t mind getting wet the log flume and river rafting.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Older thrill seekers will enjoy the spinning rollercoaster, XXL or the Mach 5.
Entry is £3 per person and if you buy tokens in advance it’s 25 for £20.
As the heatwave looks set to continue it’s a hassle free trip out.
The Beach at Brent Cross runs until September 2. thebeachbrentcross.com