Thanksgiving service for pets to be held in Kensal Green on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
A church is calling all pet owners and their animals to a blessing and thanksgiving service to celebrate World Animal Day.
The Rev Graham Noyce will lead the service for all well behaved pets this Sunday, ) at 2pm at St Martin’s Anglican Church in Mortimer Road, Kensal Green.
Photographs of pets that are a little to shy for a public outing or have passed away can be brought to the service to be displayed and blessed.
The service will be dedicated to the nuns of the Russian Orthodox Convent of the Nativity of the Virgin in the Kaluga region of Russia where they have established a sanctuary for abandoned animals.
Refreshments will be served after the service.
Enquiries: 07958 950137
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash