Thames Water pledge to fix burst water main on the North Circular Road by Monday
Traffic chaos on A406 and 1,000 Brent households were left with no water
Thames Water has revealed that repairs to the North Circular Road should be done by Monday following a burst water main yesterday morning.
Traffic was brought to a standstill yesterday and more than 1,000 residents complained they had no running water following the burst which flooded the Hendon Underpass on the North Circular Road in Brent Cross.
Engineers managed to return water supply to most homes by yesterday afternoon and got the east-bound section of the road open again, but worked through the night to get the 24-inch pipe repaired,
A Thames Water spokesman said: “This has been a complex job due to a large gas pipe which runs next to the water pipe but we managed to get this done in the early hours of this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“We have also resurfaced two lanes of the west-bound carriageway so as of 5am, the east-bound carriageway is fully open and two lanes west-bound are open. We are also about to reopen Tilling Road which runs adjacent to the A406 and was damaged in the burst. This should further ease the traffic congestion.
“The repaired pipe should be back in service by lunchtime today and then we will need to get the most damaged section of the road on the west-bound carriageway resurfaced. This should be finished by Monday morning at the latest.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
“We’re really sorry for the disruption this has caused.”