Ten out of 10 for nursery staff
NURSERY staff and its kids are celebrating after a glowing report from government inspectors. The Curzon Crescent Children s Centre in Curzon Crescent, Harlesden, was praised by Ofsted for the inclusive and caring environment it has provided for childre
NURSERY staff and its kids are celebrating after a glowing report from government inspectors.
The Curzon Crescent Children's Centre in Curzon Crescent, Harlesden, was praised by Ofsted for the 'inclusive and caring environment' it has provided for children and its 'outstanding' engagement with parents and carers.
After a two-day visit last December, inspectors noted that children were making 'good progress in developing literacy and mathematical skills,' while 'staff plan a wide range of interesting activities to capture children's imagination and develop their skills and knowledge.'
Executive head, Wendy Yianni and associate head, Karen Zajdel's shared leadership was also commended, noting that their vision for the centre was having a positive impact.
Ms Zajdel said: "We are extremely proud of what the centre has achieved since the last inspection. The staff have worked hard to provide high quality learning experiences for ALL those who attend the centre."
The diverse make-up of the children's ethnicity, with 18 nationalities and 15 different languages spoken, has also ensured that 'children are accepting of differences and develop an appreciation of diversity within their world.'
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 8 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Lexi Cinema: Hostile documentary 'shows effect of Theresa May policy'
In addition to the nursery, run as part of a 'soft federation' with College Green Nursery, Curzon Crescent Children's Centre runs a cr�che and family support services, including parenting classes, advice and support about healthy eating, speech and language therapy and finding employment. There are also outdoor play facilities and community meeting rooms.
Visit www.ofsted.gov.uk to see the full report. For more information about your nearest children's centre ring Brent's Children and Families Information Service on 020 8937 3001.