Ten out of 10 for nursery staff
NURSERY staff and its kids are celebrating after a glowing report from government inspectors. The Curzon Crescent Children s Centre in Curzon Crescent, Harlesden, was praised by Ofsted for the inclusive and caring environment it has provided for childre
NURSERY staff and its kids are celebrating after a glowing report from government inspectors.
The Curzon Crescent Children's Centre in Curzon Crescent, Harlesden, was praised by Ofsted for the 'inclusive and caring environment' it has provided for children and its 'outstanding' engagement with parents and carers.
After a two-day visit last December, inspectors noted that children were making 'good progress in developing literacy and mathematical skills,' while 'staff plan a wide range of interesting activities to capture children's imagination and develop their skills and knowledge.'
Executive head, Wendy Yianni and associate head, Karen Zajdel's shared leadership was also commended, noting that their vision for the centre was having a positive impact.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Zajdel said: "We are extremely proud of what the centre has achieved since the last inspection. The staff have worked hard to provide high quality learning experiences for ALL those who attend the centre."
The diverse make-up of the children's ethnicity, with 18 nationalities and 15 different languages spoken, has also ensured that 'children are accepting of differences and develop an appreciation of diversity within their world.'
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
In addition to the nursery, run as part of a 'soft federation' with College Green Nursery, Curzon Crescent Children's Centre runs a cr�che and family support services, including parenting classes, advice and support about healthy eating, speech and language therapy and finding employment. There are also outdoor play facilities and community meeting rooms.
Visit www.ofsted.gov.uk to see the full report. For more information about your nearest children's centre ring Brent's Children and Families Information Service on 020 8937 3001.