Ten out of 10 for nursery staff
NURSERY staff and its kids are celebrating after a glowing report from government inspectors. The Curzon Crescent Children s Centre in Curzon Crescent, Harlesden, was praised by Ofsted for the inclusive and caring environment it has provided for childre
NURSERY staff and its kids are celebrating after a glowing report from government inspectors.
The Curzon Crescent Children's Centre in Curzon Crescent, Harlesden, was praised by Ofsted for the 'inclusive and caring environment' it has provided for children and its 'outstanding' engagement with parents and carers.
After a two-day visit last December, inspectors noted that children were making 'good progress in developing literacy and mathematical skills,' while 'staff plan a wide range of interesting activities to capture children's imagination and develop their skills and knowledge.'
Executive head, Wendy Yianni and associate head, Karen Zajdel's shared leadership was also commended, noting that their vision for the centre was having a positive impact.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Zajdel said: "We are extremely proud of what the centre has achieved since the last inspection. The staff have worked hard to provide high quality learning experiences for ALL those who attend the centre."
The diverse make-up of the children's ethnicity, with 18 nationalities and 15 different languages spoken, has also ensured that 'children are accepting of differences and develop an appreciation of diversity within their world.'
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
In addition to the nursery, run as part of a 'soft federation' with College Green Nursery, Curzon Crescent Children's Centre runs a cr�che and family support services, including parenting classes, advice and support about healthy eating, speech and language therapy and finding employment. There are also outdoor play facilities and community meeting rooms.
Visit www.ofsted.gov.uk to see the full report. For more information about your nearest children's centre ring Brent's Children and Families Information Service on 020 8937 3001.