Teens arrested over M1 fire
Fove youths age between 14 and 17 are being quizzed by cops
FIVE teenagers are being questioned in connection with a suspicious fire which closed parts of the M1 for six days.
The youths aged between 14 and 17 were arrested after detectives carried out series of dawn raids in Barnet and Harrow this morning (Wednesday).
The blaze at Apex Metal Recycling, in Mill Hill, which is situated under the motorway, caused traffic misery for thousands of motorists after concerns that the fire may have caused structural damage on the sections between Edgware and Staples Corner.
Detectives seized a number of items from the youths’ homes for forensic examination.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Mark Roycroft of Barnet CID, investigating officer, said: “Although we are pursuing a number of active leads into these fires we would still ask that anyone who has any information about these crimes contact Barnet police.
“Your information could be invaluable to the investigation and bringing those responsible to justice”.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
Anyone with information is asked to call Barnet police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on Tel 0800 555 111.