Teens arrested over M1 fire
Fove youths age between 14 and 17 are being quizzed by cops
FIVE teenagers are being questioned in connection with a suspicious fire which closed parts of the M1 for six days.
The youths aged between 14 and 17 were arrested after detectives carried out series of dawn raids in Barnet and Harrow this morning (Wednesday).
The blaze at Apex Metal Recycling, in Mill Hill, which is situated under the motorway, caused traffic misery for thousands of motorists after concerns that the fire may have caused structural damage on the sections between Edgware and Staples Corner.
Detectives seized a number of items from the youths’ homes for forensic examination.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Mark Roycroft of Barnet CID, investigating officer, said: “Although we are pursuing a number of active leads into these fires we would still ask that anyone who has any information about these crimes contact Barnet police.
“Your information could be invaluable to the investigation and bringing those responsible to justice”.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
Anyone with information is asked to call Barnet police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on Tel 0800 555 111.