Teenager to stand trial for Kilburn stabbing next month
Youth accused of the attempted murder of a 17-year-old
A teenager accused of stabbing a man to death on a sports pitch is set to face trial next month.
The 16-year-old, from Belsize Park, is charged with the murder of Milad Golmakani in Mortimer Crescent, Kilburn, on April 20.
Iranian-born Mr Golmakani, from Swiss Cottage, died from wounds to the chest and neck.
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reason, is also accused of the attempted murder of a 17 year-old boy who was also stabbed in the arm during the same incident.
Yesterday, the 16-year-old appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink before Judge Martin Stephens QC.
He pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, attempted murder and wounding with intent.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
The teenager will face trial on August 8.
He was remanded in custody.