Teenager to stand trial for Kilburn stabbing next month
Youth accused of the attempted murder of a 17-year-old
A teenager accused of stabbing a man to death on a sports pitch is set to face trial next month.
The 16-year-old, from Belsize Park, is charged with the murder of Milad Golmakani in Mortimer Crescent, Kilburn, on April 20.
Iranian-born Mr Golmakani, from Swiss Cottage, died from wounds to the chest and neck.
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reason, is also accused of the attempted murder of a 17 year-old boy who was also stabbed in the arm during the same incident.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday, the 16-year-old appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink before Judge Martin Stephens QC.
He pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, attempted murder and wounding with intent.
- 1 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 9 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 10 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
The teenager will face trial on August 8.
He was remanded in custody.