Teenage QPR manager wanted for day
Eleven kids will get the chance to work in the football industry from managing with Neil Warnock to commentationg with Kevin Keegan
THE SEARCH is on to find 11 enthusiastic teenagers who want to discover what it is like working in the football industry.
One lucky kid will get to shadow QPR’s manager Neil Warnock for the day as he manages his table-topping squad while another will join Kevin Keegan to commentate on a game.
The npower What’s Your Goal initiative hopes to get 11 to 16-year-old kids excited about their dream jobs and future careers and their foot in the door.
Neil Warnock said: “Getting a job in football and work in general is so difficult at the moment and it was no different for me. Hard work and a bit of luck are imperative.
You may also want to watch:
“We are aiming to inspire thousands of young people in Britain to start thinking about their careers and show them it isn’t all doom and gloom, you can succeed and achieve your dreams.
Other roles for the day include working with a sports therapist, a kit manager, a referee, a sports journalist, a photographer, a SKY TV producer and a presenter.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
Clare McDougall, npower’s head of education and community, said: “What an opportunity for eager and hungry youngsters to get a foot up the football ladder: it’s a fantastic way to get teenagers to really think, ‘what is my goal?’”
To apply visit www.npower.com/whatsyourgoal.