Teenage QPR manager wanted for day
Eleven kids will get the chance to work in the football industry from managing with Neil Warnock to commentationg with Kevin Keegan
THE SEARCH is on to find 11 enthusiastic teenagers who want to discover what it is like working in the football industry.
One lucky kid will get to shadow QPR’s manager Neil Warnock for the day as he manages his table-topping squad while another will join Kevin Keegan to commentate on a game.
The npower What’s Your Goal initiative hopes to get 11 to 16-year-old kids excited about their dream jobs and future careers and their foot in the door.
Neil Warnock said: “Getting a job in football and work in general is so difficult at the moment and it was no different for me. Hard work and a bit of luck are imperative.
You may also want to watch:
“We are aiming to inspire thousands of young people in Britain to start thinking about their careers and show them it isn’t all doom and gloom, you can succeed and achieve your dreams.
Other roles for the day include working with a sports therapist, a kit manager, a referee, a sports journalist, a photographer, a SKY TV producer and a presenter.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
Clare McDougall, npower’s head of education and community, said: “What an opportunity for eager and hungry youngsters to get a foot up the football ladder: it’s a fantastic way to get teenagers to really think, ‘what is my goal?’”
To apply visit www.npower.com/whatsyourgoal.