Teen jailed for acid attack
A teenager has been sentenced to eight years for his role in a vicious acid attack that left a man with 47 per cent burns, writes Lorraine King. The attack on Awais Akram was so ferocious that the judge at the Old Bailey lifted the court order today that
A teenager has been sentenced to eight years for his role in a vicious acid attack that left a man with 47 per cent burns, writes Lorraine King.
The attack on Awais Akram was so ferocious that the judge at the Old Bailey lifted the court order today that had previously prevented the Times from identifying Fabion Luci as one of the three people involved.
The 17-year-old from Harlesden was acquitted of conspiracy to murder Mr Akram but was convicted of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm.
This afternoon, he was ordered to serve his sentence at a young offenders' institute.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Akram had sulphuric acid drain cleaner thrown over his face and attempts were made to pour it down his throat by Luci, and Mohammed Vakas, 26, and Mohammed Adeel, 20, who are both from Leytonstone, east London.
Vakas was convicted of conspiracy to murder and sentenced to 30 years today and Adell was found guilty of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm and handed down 14 years.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
The full details on this story will be in this weeks' Times out on Thursday.