Teen bailed over Maida Vale stabbing
Eighteen-year-old was being questioned after man knifed in stomach and chest
A TEENAGER arrested after a 66-year-old man was stabbed in Maida Vale has been released on police bail.
The 18-year-old was questioned following the attack which took place on October 25 in Saltram Crescent, near the junction with Croxley Road, at 10pm.
The victim, who has not been named, was knifed in the stomach and chest and was rushed to hospital in a critical condition.
After undergoing surgery his condition has improved and he is said to be stable.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Paul Armstrong, who leading the investigation, is appealing for information.
He said: “This was a violent attack during which the victim was stabbed multiple times.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
“I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard something, or been in the area at the time of the attack, to get in touch as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Westminster Serious Violence Team on 020 7321 9314 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.