Taarabt could be one of world’s best, says QPR skipper
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR captain Clint Hill has challenged Adel Taarabt to prove that he is one of the best players in the world during his loan spell at Fulham this season.
Taarabt joined Rangers’ west London rivals on a season-loan earlier this month, after manager Harry Redknapp appeared to lose patience with the enigmatic midfielder.
The 24-year-old Moroccan has settled well with the Premier League side, scoring for the Whites in their victory over Burton Albion in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night.
And Rs skipper Hill, who has seen the best and worst of Taarabt since QPR’s promotion-winning 2011 season, believes he could play for one of the world’s top sides if he can add consistency to his natural ability.
“If Adel was right and was consistent, he would not be here, he would be playing for one of the top three or four teams in the world,” said Hill.
“Ability-wise he’s one of the best players I have seen.
“It is just getting that consistency out of him. It’s a big opportunity for him to go away to another Premier League team and prove to people that he does deserve to be there.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
“If he gets that part of his lifestyle right and his mentality then I am sure he can go on to be a player people will talk about.”