Taarabt could be one of world’s best, says QPR skipper
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR captain Clint Hill has challenged Adel Taarabt to prove that he is one of the best players in the world during his loan spell at Fulham this season.
Taarabt joined Rangers’ west London rivals on a season-loan earlier this month, after manager Harry Redknapp appeared to lose patience with the enigmatic midfielder.
The 24-year-old Moroccan has settled well with the Premier League side, scoring for the Whites in their victory over Burton Albion in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night.
And Rs skipper Hill, who has seen the best and worst of Taarabt since QPR’s promotion-winning 2011 season, believes he could play for one of the world’s top sides if he can add consistency to his natural ability.
“If Adel was right and was consistent, he would not be here, he would be playing for one of the top three or four teams in the world,” said Hill.
“Ability-wise he’s one of the best players I have seen.
“It is just getting that consistency out of him. It’s a big opportunity for him to go away to another Premier League team and prove to people that he does deserve to be there.
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 5 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
“If he gets that part of his lifestyle right and his mentality then I am sure he can go on to be a player people will talk about.”