Taarabt could be one of world’s best, says QPR skipper
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR captain Clint Hill has challenged Adel Taarabt to prove that he is one of the best players in the world during his loan spell at Fulham this season.
Taarabt joined Rangers’ west London rivals on a season-loan earlier this month, after manager Harry Redknapp appeared to lose patience with the enigmatic midfielder.
The 24-year-old Moroccan has settled well with the Premier League side, scoring for the Whites in their victory over Burton Albion in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night.
And Rs skipper Hill, who has seen the best and worst of Taarabt since QPR’s promotion-winning 2011 season, believes he could play for one of the world’s top sides if he can add consistency to his natural ability.
“If Adel was right and was consistent, he would not be here, he would be playing for one of the top three or four teams in the world,” said Hill.
You may also want to watch:
“Ability-wise he’s one of the best players I have seen.
“It is just getting that consistency out of him. It’s a big opportunity for him to go away to another Premier League team and prove to people that he does deserve to be there.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
“If he gets that part of his lifestyle right and his mentality then I am sure he can go on to be a player people will talk about.”