Suspected drug baron arrested in raids across Brent
Operation Target took place throughout the day
A suspected drug baron is in custody after a team of police officer smashed through the door of a cannabis factory at a residential home.
A squad of nine officers from Operation Target, a special unit tackling drug dealing, used an angle grinder to storm a property on Sudbury Court Drive in Sudbury, yesterday afternoon (Thursday).
Police also found a shotgun, a machete and a chained up suspected Bull Mastiff dog, at a linked address in nearby Watford Road, Sudbury.
Police arrested two men from Sudbury Court Drive aged 19 and 30 on suspicion of cannabis production and a 25-year-old man from Watford Road on possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Once the property had been cleared sniffer dogs Snatch, 6, and Mia, 3, an English Springer Spaniels father and daughter team, were sent in to make sure no drugs or guns had been missed.
Cllr Lincoln Beswick MBE, Lead Member for Crime Prevention and Public Safety, rode along on the raids.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
He said: “The guys we locked up today are the criminal heavyweights in Brent who needed to be taken off the street.
They are causing mayhem in there community corrupting young people and pushing psychologically damaging drugs.
“We came for these criminals today and if you are a drug dealer next time we will be coming for you.
“The message we want these dealers to heed is don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.”
The operation was part of a number of raids carried out across Brent yesterday.
Around 250 officers searched 56 addresses arresting 39 people for offences including burglary, money laundering and Cultivation of cannabis, recovering stolen property, drugs and air guns.