Supporters raise the roof at Kensal Green animal charity
The Mayhew Animal Home celebrates its new �250,000 cattery roof
Most celebrations are deemed a success if they blow the roof off but a group of animal lovers were toasting the success of keeping it on.
The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, toasted the installation of a new roof for its cattery after a concerted campaign of fund-raising.
The Mayor of Hammersmith and Fulham, Cllr Belinda Donovan, was among those in attendance marking the opening of the �125,000 roof.
The money was raised through various events including a charity grant from Pets at Home – the UK’s largest pet shop.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Yates, chief executive of The Mayhew, said: “We were very excited to welcome people to take a first look at the brand new cattery roof.
“We wouldn’t have been able to build this much needed renovation without the generosity of our supporters and we are incredibly grateful.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism
“We also wish to thank all the Mayhew foster carers, who have taken our cats into their own homes temporarily while all the building work was being completed. We now have a fantastic new environment for our cats, staff and volunteers alike.”
Public tours of the new cattery run every weekday from 2pm and any potential adopters of cats should visit www.themayhew.org