Supporters of Kensal Green animal shelter to participate in British 10K London Run
- Credit: Archant
Supporters of a Kensal Green based animal shelter, are set to take part in gruelling 10 kilometres run in a bid to raise money for the good cause.
Leigh Givnan, and Mat Plocharski, of Daniels estate agents, in Kensal Rise, will push themselves to the limit at the British 10K London Run, taking place this Sunday, to fundraise for the Mayhew Animal home, in Trenmar Gardens.
It is hoped around £7,000 will be raised this year for the Mayhew to help thousands of homeless cats and dogs escape neglect and cruelty.
Almost £6,000 was raised last year.
Both men will complete the 6.2 mile course alongside 21 Mayhew staff and volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Givnan said: “This is such an exciting opportunity. It’s great to raise money for Mayhew as I’ve seen for myself the amazing work they do.
“We adopted a rescue dog from the home so it’s nice to carry on helping.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
Mr Plocharski added: “I did some work experience at the Mayhew 10 years ago so it’s great to come back and help the animals. I hope it’s a charity I can support for life. I’m delighted to be taking part.”
“I’ve never done the race before but I’m fairly confident as I’ve done some cross country. I’m determined to do it as it’s for such a great cause.”