Summer signing wants to see out his career at QPR
West London boy DJ Campbell is feeling right at home
DJ Campbell has revealed he would jump at the chance to see out his career at QPR.
Twenty-nine-year-old Campbell scored his first goal for the Rs in the 3-0 win at Wolves on Saturday, after replacing Jay Bothroyd as a second-half substitute at Molineux.
Campbell, who joined QPR from Blackpool this summer, was born and bred in east Acton, and played for the club’s junior side as a teenager, and he insisted that once he left the Tangerines he was only ever going to join the club he supported as a young boy.
“Could I finish my career here? I’d love to,” said Campbell. “It’s a club that means a lot to me, I’ve got ties with this club from years and years ago. I was born literally two minutes over the road.
You may also want to watch:
“It was always in my mind. I always thought I’d love to come back to QPR if I had the chance. Thankfully it’s worked out well.
“I had other clubs in the summer, maybe people would have said you should have gone there or here, but I’m 29, and after the season last year I thought this was the right time to come back, rather than moving or staying up north,
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 3 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 4 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 5 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
“I wanted to be with my family, and obviously my family were delighted that I chose QPR and I’m sure they knew that I was going to choose QPR.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes