Summer signing wants to see out his career at QPR
West London boy DJ Campbell is feeling right at home
DJ Campbell has revealed he would jump at the chance to see out his career at QPR.
Twenty-nine-year-old Campbell scored his first goal for the Rs in the 3-0 win at Wolves on Saturday, after replacing Jay Bothroyd as a second-half substitute at Molineux.
Campbell, who joined QPR from Blackpool this summer, was born and bred in east Acton, and played for the club’s junior side as a teenager, and he insisted that once he left the Tangerines he was only ever going to join the club he supported as a young boy.
“Could I finish my career here? I’d love to,” said Campbell. “It’s a club that means a lot to me, I’ve got ties with this club from years and years ago. I was born literally two minutes over the road.
You may also want to watch:
“It was always in my mind. I always thought I’d love to come back to QPR if I had the chance. Thankfully it’s worked out well.
“I had other clubs in the summer, maybe people would have said you should have gone there or here, but I’m 29, and after the season last year I thought this was the right time to come back, rather than moving or staying up north,
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
“I wanted to be with my family, and obviously my family were delighted that I chose QPR and I’m sure they knew that I was going to choose QPR.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes