Success stories for Preston Manor students
- Credit: Archant
Preston Manor school has been celebrating its A-level results today, with head-boy Danial Farooq landing a place at Oxford University to study engineering.
Danial, who scored two A* and two A’a, said he was “speechless” at the result.
“I am so excited,” the 18-year-old said.
“My parents are so proud of me I am so excited to have the opportunity to go to Oxford University. I am so thankful to all the teachers at Preston Manor, who helped me so much.”
It was a successful day for several Preston Manor students, with local girl Alisa Ahmed receiving an offer to study dentistry at Cardiff university.
You may also want to watch:
And headteacher Beth Kobel was quick to praise the achievements of the students.
“It was fantastic to see so many students pleased with their results,” she said.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“They have worked so hard this year and really deserve their success. OFSTED has recently acknowledged Sixth Form as one of our many strengths and it is absolutely brilliant to see the students achieving their academic goals.”